tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Running Tomcat on Port 80 with Fedora 16 without IP tables redirect
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 17:36:23 GMT
Ole Ersoy wrote:
> Hi,
> In the past I have been able to run tomcat on port 80 under a "tomcat"
> user.  It seems like the latest versions of Fedora require that tomcat
> either be run as root or requests to 8080 have to be redirected using
> iptables.   Can anyone confirm this?
What you probably mean is that the Fedora repackaged distribution of Tomcat installs it
that way by default, no ?
Tomcat itself does not require that.
So, before someone else here tells you to install a genuine official Tomcat from the
Tomcat website, have you checked on the Fedora support list ?
Otherwise, it should be quite simple to change the port by modifying the corresponding
<Connector> tag in Tomcat's server.xml.
But then of course you might have to fight with SE-Linux and such things.
For which you may need the Fedora support list anyway, so why not start there ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message