tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 10:55:38 GMT
André Warnier wrote:
> Pid wrote:
>> On 07/02/2012 09:07, André Warnier wrote:
>>> For once, it may be best to top-post.
>>>
>>> Anyone feels like making a FAQ out of this thread ?
>>> It looks like a generic-enough question and answer.
>>
>> I don't think I want to encourage publishing logs via the same
>> container.  I've seen all sorts of private data published in log files.
>>
> I wasn't talking about "logs" per se (I agree on that one).
> What I meant was more like :
>
> How-To : create a simple "webapp" which publishes the content of an
> arbitrary directory containing static documents, without having to write
> a special-purpose JSP page or servlet, and without compromising security.
>
> At the same time, it is almost a book-perfect example of what can be
> done with the normal webapp deployment rules, where to put a context
> file, what the default servlet does, etc..

Now one more question about this :
Suppose someone follows exactly the steps outlined by Chuck before.
And then suppose that through the Manager, one triggers an "un-deploy" of this application.
Will Tomcat then delete all the files inside that directory ?
And if yes, is there a way to prevent that ?