tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 10:48:17 GMT
Pid wrote:
> On 07/02/2012 09:07, André Warnier wrote:
>> For once, it may be best to top-post.
>>
>> Anyone feels like making a FAQ out of this thread ?
>> It looks like a generic-enough question and answer.
>
> I don't think I want to encourage publishing logs via the same
> container.  I've seen all sorts of private data published in log files.

I wasn't talking about "logs" per se (I agree on that one).
What I meant was more like :

How-To : create a simple "webapp" which publishes the content of an arbitrary directory
containing static documents, without having to write a special-purpose JSP page or
servlet, and without compromising security.

At the same time, it is almost a book-perfect example of what can be done with the normal

webapp deployment rules, where to put a context file, what the default servlet does, etc..