tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 12:59:05 GMT
On 06/02/2012 11:53, Lev A KARATUN wrote:
> Charles,
>
> thank for your explanation.
>
> Now everything (exept one thing) seems to work fine.
>
> The only problem left is - when I'm copypasting the default servlet block
> to $CATALINA_BASE/logs/WEB-INF/web.xml , the application no longer works.

What are the other symptoms?  Log messages, etc?

> Without it everything works fine (but I can't disable the directory
> listings general setting because I need it swithed on for the /logs dir).
>
> The block that I copy is :
>
>     <servlet>
>         <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
>
> <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet</servlet-class>
>         <init-param>
>             <param-name>debug</param-name>
>             <param-value>0</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>         <init-param>
>             <param-name>listings</param-name>
>             <param-value>true</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>         <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
>     </servlet>
>
> (I place it inside the <web-app> section)

Have you also copied the servlet-mapping block?

> And one more question - if myapp's docBase is set to $CATALINA_BASE/logs ,
> does it matter what is in the webapps/myapp folder?

No.

> Thanks in advance.
>

> "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote on 04.02.2012
> 01:44:08:
>
>> "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
>> 04.02.2012 01:45
>>
>> Please respond to
>> "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

>> Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
>>
>> cc
>>
>> Subject
>>
>> RE: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?
>>
>>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>>> Subject: Re: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?
>>
>>> - you can create a webapp named "tomcat-logs" (or whatever), just by
>>> creating a new directory "tomcat-logs" (or whatever) under webapps.
>>
>> Nope.
>>
>>> - to protect access to it, you'll need a WEB-INF/web.xml, with some
>>> security/auth constraints, just like any other protected application.
>>
>> That is needed.  However, this WEB-INF directory and consequently
>> the WEB-INF/web.xml file must be placed in Tomcat's log directory.
>>
>>> - you will need a META-INF/context.xml, specifying as docBase, the
>>> directory where the logs really are.
>>
>> Nope, that won't work; docBase is not allowed when the webapp is
>> inside the <Host> appBase directory.  The <Context> element must be
>> placed in conf/Catalina/[hostName]/[appName].xml, with the docBase
>> pointing to the location of the logs directory.
>>
>>> - and you will need to specify somewhere, that for this directory,
>>> Tomcat is allowed to generate a page with an index to the files.
>>
>> That's done by enabling the listings parameter for the
>> DefaultServlet.  The OP will need to copy the <servlet> tag and its
>> sub-tags for the DefaultServlet from conf/web.xml to the log
>> webapp's WEB-INF/web.xml and set the listings parameter to true.
>> You do not want to enable the listings parameter in the global conf/
>> web.xml for what should be obvious reasons.
>>
>>  - Chuck
>>

>> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE
>> PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended
>> recipient. If you received this in error, please contact the sender
>> and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.

> This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient any use, distribution, copying or disclosure
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately either by telephone or by e-mail and delete this message and any attachment from
your system. Correspondence via e-mail is for information purposes only. ZAO Raiffeisenbank
neither makes nor accepts legally binding statements by e-mail unless otherwise agreed.

--

[key:62590808]