tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 08:03:01 GMT
Lev A KARATUN wrote:
> Andre,
>
> but if a symbolic link is deleted, its target remains unaffected. Are you
> sure that undeployment can damage my logs somehow?

I'd have to dig through the documentation (which you can also do).  But I am pretty sure
that up to some version, Tomcat by default first deleted the *content* of whatever was
pointed to by the symbolic link (in this case, the log directory), then the symbolic link

itself.
As I recall, this behaviour was changed at some point, but maybe only when some parameter

is specified.
The "Deployment" section of the Tomcat on-line documentation would be the place to start.

Anyway, the way (or a way) to go to do this properly has been indicated in a previous
message by Chuck (the one where he rectified my own sloppy scenario).