tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Form Authentication POST data not preserved?
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 16:38:28 GMT
On 2/5/2012 9:43 AM, Jess Holle wrote:
> On 2/5/2012 9:26 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> build.xml:
>> <javac srcdir="java" destdir="${tomcat.classes}"
>>             debug="${compile.debug}"
>>             deprecation="${compile.deprecation}"
>>             source="${compile.source}"
>>             target="${compile.target}"
>>             optimize="${compile.optimize}"
>>             excludes="**/.svn/**"
>>             encoding="ISO-8859-1"
>>             includeAntRuntime="true">
>>
>> build.properties.default:
>> compile.debug=true
>>
>> Thus debug information should already be there.
>>
>> I usually start with setting some breakpoints. In your case take a
>> look at FormAuthenticator#saveRequest() and #restoreRequest() methods
>> and where they are called from.
> Thanks.  I've already seen via a heap dump that the request is saved
> with the correct content body.  So now the only question that remains
> is why it does not get restored.

Diving in deeper, I see that AbstractAjpProcessor.action() is setting
the bodyBytes perfectly for the ActionCode.REQ_SET_BODY_REPLAY case here.

After that is done, however, I don't see anything that tries to read
AbstractAjpProcessor.bodyBytes.
org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.readPostBody() seems to completely
ignore this data.

I'm thinking some refactoring in this area completely broke this use
case at least for the AJP BIO path.  Or can someone offer evidence that
the breakage is less general than this?

--
Jess Holle