tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: manager comes up in Spanish -- how to switch to English?
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 21:33:33 GMT
David Leung wrote:
> Hello!  I've looked at the FAQ and tried web searching, but can't find
> an answer to this, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.
>
> I downloaded apache-tomcat-7.0.25.exe today from both
>   http://www.trieuvan.com/apache/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.25/bin/apache-tomcat-7.0.25.exe
> and
>   ftp://apache.cs.utah.edu/apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.25/bin/apache-tomcat-7.0.25.exe
>
> In both cases, installation went smoothly, but when I navigated to
>   http://localhost/manager/html
> I got the Manager page in what I believe is Spanish: "Gestor do
> Aplicaciones Web de Tomcat".
>
> Anyone know how I can switch this to English, please?

The "do" looks more Portuguese than Spanish.

But anyway..
this looks like a Windows host, right ?
What is the Windows O.S. language version ?
What does your browser specify as preferences when requesting a page ?

.. and then I remember a case from some long time ago, where some other application was
setting the JVM's system language property, and it caused the same funny effect.  That's
because this being a global JVM property, this one webapp setting it, influenced the
behaviour of all other webapps, manager included.