tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Terence M. Bandoian" <>
Subject Re: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 20:17:59 GMT
  On 1:59 PM, Lev A KARATUN wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm administering an application running on Tomcat OS is AIX
> 5.3.
> I'm trying to write a simple jsp to make some superusers able to download
> tomcat logs via browser after entering a password. (In my organization
> it's not permitted to give anyone the "manager" role)
> I've already managed to get a list log-files' names (just copied someone's
> part of code and made some adjustments), but when I'm trying to make
> download links, I don't know how can I specify the path to
> /$CATALINA_BASE/logs via my web-browser. As far as I can see, I can reach
> only folders like /$CATALINA_BASE/webapps/myapp upon entering the link
> http://myhost:port/myapp.
> So, the question is - how can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?
> Thanks in advance.
> Best Regards,
> Karatun Lev

Hi, Karatun-

What about providing links like 'download_log.jsp?log=catalina.log' and
then, in download_log.jsp, copying the requested file to the response
output stream?  Security would be a consideration but not really a big

-Terence Bandoian

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message