tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 16:19:29 GMT
On 03/02/2012 13:53, Lev A KARATUN wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm administering an application running on Tomcat 6.0.0.29. OS is AIX
> 5.3.
>
> I'm trying to write a simple jsp to make some superusers able to download
> tomcat logs via browser after entering a password. (In my organization
> it's not permitted to give anyone the "manager" role)

So give them a different role and change the rolename in the app web.xml.

> I've already managed to get a list log-files' names (just copied someone's
> part of code and made some adjustments), but when I'm trying to make
> download links, I don't know how can I specify the path to
> /$CATALINA_BASE/logs via my web-browser. As far as I can see, I can reach
> only folders like /$CATALINA_BASE/webapps/myapp upon entering the link
> http://myhost:port/myapp.
>
> So, the question is - how can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?

Are you intending to allow download for logs in the same application
server or a different one?  I'd be wary about the security issues here.

You can use a Servlet to forward a request to another resource.

Or you can map a docBase to another directory.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
> Karatun Lev

> This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient any use, distribution, copying or disclosure
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately either by telephone or by e-mail and delete this message and any attachment from
your system. Correspondence via e-mail is for information purposes only. ZAO Raiffeisenbank
neither makes nor accepts legally binding statements by e-mail unless otherwise agreed.

--

[key:62590808]