tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Regarding compatibility
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 07:55:14 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: David Kerber [mailto:dckerber@verizon.net]
>> Subject: Re: Regarding compatibility

>>> Both open *and* closed source.
>
>> But you won't know which until you download it and open the package...
>
> Furry source...
>
> Are we all going to be entangled in this?

Mmm, that's an interesting thought.  The DarkEnergy compiler should be entangling.  This
way, any modification to the source will be instantantly reflected in the object code (and

all its copies), wherever they are. No more updates to download, every installation
forever up-to-date etc. Think of the savings in bandwidth.
Makes the revision process a bit tricky though.
And need a disentangling backup utility.