tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <>
Subject Tomcat Form Authentication Timeout Behavior
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 19:10:38 GMT
I've noticed that if I POST to an authenticated URL in a web app
configured for form-based authentication, Tomcat delivers the login
form, and then replays the POST just fine *unless* the current state of
the browser is one where I had already been authenticated but that
session had timed out.  In that case, Tomcat fails to deliver the POST data.

I assume this is a known issue/limitation.  If not, is there some
configuration setting I'm missing or some such?  This is with Tomcat 7.0.23.

Jess Holle

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message