tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Justin Larose <>
Subject Error: Unable to compile class for JSP
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:53:01 GMT
Well now that I got the certificate setup and users login to the
application they are not seeing all content...
When they login to the application (Tomcat version 7.0.23) they get the
error below in the initial splash window. (there should be a menu instead)

If I switch back to the Tomcat 6.0 version it runs fine. I checked the
.jps files and are identical between the version 6 and version 7

Jan 11, 2012 8:28:23 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: 230 in the jsp file: /object_table.jsp
The type Part is ambiguous
227:            {
228:         //do nothing here - we don't want the filter to be displayed
for lifecycles
229:     }
230:     else if (objType.equals(Part.class))
231:     {
232:            ObjectTablePagelet.addButton(Pagelet.EDIT_BUTTON,
"edit_design_part_master", BarAdapterItem.MODE_ENABLE_ON_ONE, "Edit Design
Part", 530, 550);
233:     }

Justin LaRose
This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or agency to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the Navy
Exchange Service Command e-mail administrator. This footnote
also confirms that this email message has been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses.

Thank You!