tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Khailovsky, Igor" <Igor.Khailov...@verint.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat multiple instances runs as service from same exe file
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 13:36:40 GMT
P-
I investigated these documents before asked the question, but did not find relevant answer.
If you really know answer for my question, please specify it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pid [mailto:pid@pidster.com]
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 11:41
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat multiple instances runs as service from same exe file

On 05/01/2012 17:19, Khailovsky, Igor wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Our application should provide ability to manage the application instances dynamically
(runs into separate Tomcat container). One of requirements is using same execution in case
multiple instances - option to provide to customer an easy way for update/upgrade Tomcat core.

> Thanks for your help.

I will assume you have read the RUNNING.txt file in your distribution.

These are the relevant documentation pages:

 http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/setup.html#Windows

 http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html

way of duplicating folders and running the procrun setups manually.
> I run several servers this way (5 to 6 instances per server), and it takes a whole lot
less effort to maintain than the old way of doing things that I had to use back in the tomcat
5.5.x days.
> Jeff

that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,

> If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender
or telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your system.

> This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint
Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
> The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
> entity(ies) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive
this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to
anyone this message or any information contained in this message.  If you have received this
electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.

[key:62590808]