tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thom Hehl" <T...@pointsix.com>
Subject Context configuration file
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:01:10 GMT
We are using a context configuration file to provide our database
connectivity through a JNDI entry to our application so that the file
can change without the purchasers of our software having to tinker about
with it internally. Here is our file:

<Context path="/chronicle" debug="5" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">

prefix="ej-Log." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true"/>

<Resource          name="jdbc/chronicle"

auth="Container"

            type="javax.sql.DataSource"

            username="sa"

            password="xxxxxxx"

driverClassName="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"

url="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost/PsDb"

maxActive="-1"

maxIdle="0"

/>

</Context>

I picked this trick up from a predecessor on a job and have never found
it documented anywhere. I would like to use the same approach to define
JNDI keys for the mail server. Can someone help?

Thanks.