tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tharindu Patikirikorala <tnppresentat...@gmail.com>
Subject multi-tented connection queues
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 12:25:35 GMT
Hi All,

I am doing a case study to make tomcat to host multi-tented web
applications. i.e., a single web application/service container is serving
logically partitioned customers.  For the basic implementation (let’s say
number of customers/tenant are 2) I want to make following modifications.

1)      Identify the tenant and implementing a request/connection queues
for each tenant. Then queue will have ‘acceptcount’ which reject the system
to avoid severe overloads.

2)      The worker threads have to be allocated to serve these requests
based on a new scheduling. Two queues will be processed by this scheduler
based on a priority scheme.

After looking at the code, currently a single connection queue
(ServerSocket.listen(backlog)) is used which is not aware about the tenants
request. However, for the implementation we need another level of queuing
which will reject the requests based on the tenant.

Please suggest a way to implement such a scheme.

Thank you

Pati