tomcat-users mailing list archives

From S Ahmed <sahmed1...@gmail.com>
Subject upgrading tomcat when installed via apt-get
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 21:41:10 GMT
If I need to upgrade an existing live application that is running off a
tomcat install that was installed via apt-get (ubuntu), how would I go
about updating tomcat?

I would have to understand exactly how tomcat is installed correct?  i.e.
things like xml conf files, symbolic links to paths that may have been
created, startup/stop scripts that might need to point somewhere else etc.

Am I making this too complicated or is this how others update to a newer
version of tomcat?