tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Smith, Mitchell" <mitchell.sm...@cwc.com>
Subject Apache Tomcat 7 JMX Monitoring
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 14:51:27 GMT
Hi,

I am configuring an application server:  Tomcat 7, Java 1.7

I previously used Apache Tomcat 5.5, and JDK1.5.

I had JMX monitoring enabled as below.

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=12345

With this implementation JMX exports JMX RMI connection objects exposed on
a 'Random Port', meaning that for monitoring of a remote tomcat to
be available, any firewall must allow access to all ports.

I would like to have the JMX RMI objects returned on a set port.

Do newer versions of tomcat address this issue, allowing me to set the port
on which the JXM monitoring will respond.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
--
*Mitchell Smith
*

The information contained in this email (and any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient
and have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email
and delete the message and any attachments.
If you are not the named addressee, you must not copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use
the information contained in this email.
Cable & Wireless Communications Plc and its affiliates reserve the right to monitor all
email communications through their networks to
ensure regulatory compliance.

Cable & Wireless Communications Plc is a company registered in England & Wales with
number:
07130199 and offices located at 3rd Floor, 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4HQ