tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Azarov <alaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with using context version
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:06:04 GMT
Hello,

I have a tough problem. I have a web application written in Scala and
I'm deploying it to Tomcat 7. This application uses Twitter Eval
library to read its configuration (basically Twitter Eval compiles a
Scala file on the fly and returns an instance, so it becomes possible
to write an app configuration in Scala).

The application runs fine under Tomcat 7, but I have a problem
deploying it with context version
(http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Naming)
-- Twitter Eval fails to compile the configuration file and the stack
trace goes deep into Scala compiler. I've created the minimal example
project to show the effect: https://github.com/alaz/tweval (the stack
trace is shown there as well).

In order to eliminate the possibility Twitter Eval or Scala
library/compiler may be guilty, I've tried to build up a command-line
example and run it in a directory with name containing ##... it's here
https://github.com/alaz/tweval--2 . It works fine.

Looking forward to any help,
Alexander Azarov