tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rosenberg>
Subject Catching Exception "in Application"
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 18:00:15 GMT
Vital stats:

Apache Tomcat/7.0.22 	1.6.0_20-b20 	Sun Microsystems Inc. 	Linux

I have a CAS server deployed on this instance.

I am trying to catch errors within the server (e.g., DB down) so I can
display friendly page to user & log error.

In the web.xml for the CAS server I have (I added error-page for
java.lang.Exception, ohters were already there)

Bu when I trigger an error (i.e., stop DB) I am seeing the default
Tomcat error page:

HTTP Status 500 -
type Exception report
it from fulfilling this request.
Exception thrown executing [AnnotatedAction@17b2b99 targetAction =
[EvaluateAction@16b653d expression =
flowScope.credentials, messageContext), resultExpression = [null]],
attributes = map[[empty]]] in state 'realSubmit' of flow 'login' --
action execution attributes were 'map[[empty]]'
. . .

I'm a newbie to Tomcat & am not sure where to start looking.

Jonathan Rosenberg
Founder & Executive Director
Tabby's Place, a Cat Sanctuary

To unsubscribe, e-mail: