tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Shutdown
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 21:09:42 GMT
2012/1/7 Kamal Sheikh <kamalsh@gmail.com>:
> Hi, I'm new to this but please direct me if I'm posting to the wrong list.
>
> Our Tomcat has suddenly stopped working this morning and now wouldn't start
> -- it responds simply by saying: "failed".

What is in the logs?

Maybe there is no free space on the harddrive?

Maybe there is stale pid file from previous Tomcat run?

> Is there anything going on with OpenJDK and Tomcat?
>
> Here's our configuration:
>
> Java:
>
>  java version "1.6.0_20"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.9) (6b20-1.9.9-0ubuntu1~10.04.2)
>
> Tomcat
>
> Server version: Apache Tomcat/6.0.24
> Server built:   March 24 2011 1829

6.0.24 was officially released on 2010-01-21 which is more than a year
earlier than the above "build" date.

There were a lot of important fixes since then, including some fixes
to the startup scripts as well.

> Server number:  ...0
> OS Name:        Linux
> OS Version:     2.6.32-32-server