tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem running my webapp with Tomcat 7.0.22.0 Security Manager enabled (Windows Vista)
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 19:36:34 GMT
2012/1/9  <james@mobilewebexpert.co.uk>:
> Hiya,
>
> I've just turned on Tomcat's Security Manager and (not surprisingly) I'm now having a
problem running my webapp. I know I probably need to specify some security privileges somewhere,

Have you read the docs?

> but not sure where - possibly catalina.policy?

That file is not used by Tomcat but by Java runtime. So whether it is
used depends on what command was used to launch the JVM.

The catalina.bat/catalina.sh files use conf/catalina.policy by default.

If you use something else then you are on your own to configure it properly.

> Can anyone help??
>
> Here's the error from the log file:
>
> 09-Jan-2012 17:33:34 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
> SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [Manager] in context with path [/manager] threw
exception [Could not initialize class org.netbeans.modules.schema2beans.DDLogFlags] with root
cause
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.netbeans.modules.schema2beans.DDLogFlags

(...)