tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat memory requirements
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:43:33 GMT
2012/1/25 Celso Magalhães Dantas Neto <celso@reconcavo.org.br>:
> Hey everyone!
>
> Does anyone knows where I can find any information about Tomcat memory
> requirements?
>
> Here's the problem: I got a client who's running a Tomcat process in his
> machine and it is taking around 150MB of RAM and he is complaining about
> it. It's a webapp and for me it's normal to a webapp to take that amount of
> memory, but I want to argue with him with some data.
>
> So I'm looking for some Tomcat memory requirements info, even if it's a
> memory requirements to run Tomcat only, with no deployed webapp. It will
> help me to argue with him.

1. Tomcat version=?

2. Take a memory dump and examine with a profiler.
E.g. http://eclipse.org/mat/

(IIRC Tomcat FAQ has links to other tools as well)

3. How that 150Mb is measured? How many threads the Connectors are
configured to have? Note that each system Thread needs some memory for
its stack.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko