tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 service not starting
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 04:33:14 GMT
2012/1/10 Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>:
>> From: Debbie Shapiro [mailto:DShapiro@cardiacscience.com]
>> Subject: Tomcat 7 service not starting
>
>> I also upgraded Java from 1.6.0_20 to 1.6.0_30.
>
> Did you also perhaps change from a 32-bit to a 64-bit JVM (or vice-versa)?  The mode
of the JVM must match the mode of the Tomcat service wrapper (tomcat7.exe).

Are you using JRE or JDK?
If JRE then OK, as its path is always the same.

If JDK then you must update service configuration to use the new version of JDK.

What jar files did you replace?
I'd also replace tomcat7.exe and tomcat7w.exe, review configuration
changes [1] and clear all files from work directory.

Do you use tc-native DLL?

What OS it is?

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html

Best regards,