tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chema <demablo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection.close() has already been called during login
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 18:28:51 GMT
>2012/1/23  <removeps-code@yahoo.com>:
> Initially I thought that my RootJDBCRealm might be the problem, but how can that be?
 RootJDBCRealm extends Tomcat's own JDBCRealm.  It >overrides authenticate to call super.authenticate
and if there are 3 failures (in that super.authenticate returns null), then it locks out the
user.  So could >the user of RootJDBCRealm still be a problem?  Thanks.

>From Tomcat 7 docs:

"The JDBCRealm is not recommended for production use as it is single
threaded for all authentication and authorization options. Use the
DataSourceRealm instead.
The UserDatabaseRealm is not intended for large-scale installations.
It is intended for small-scale, relatively static environments."