tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anjib Mulepati <anji...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: DB Connection error
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 18:26:45 GMT
On 1/3/2012 1:12 PM, Chema wrote:
> 2012/1/3 Anjib Mulepati<anjibcs@hotmail.com>:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> One simple question If I have JINDI configuration in my application will my
>> application reconnect to the DB whenever my DB gets restart.
>> I am having DB connection problem every Monday since our DB get restarted on
>> weekends which we don't have control of.
>> I am using Tomcat 6.0.20
> Hi:
>
> can you attach your<Resource/>  element in server.xml file ( except
> sensible data )?

I haven't change anythign in server.xml so i have default in it
<GlobalNamingResources>
               type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
               pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
</GlobalNamingResources>

But in my application I have context.xml with following

<Context antiJARLocking="true" path="/myApp">
<Resource auth="Container"
             driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
             maxActive="20"
             maxIdle="10"
             maxWait="-1"
             name="jdbc/myName"