tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ron McNulty <rmcnu...@clear.net.nz>
Subject Re: DB Connection error
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 07:38:55 GMT
Hi Anjib

Port 8080 looks very odd. For an Oracle XE database, this is an HTTP
connection to the database admin console, but you need a TNS connection
direct to the database.

Try "telnet localhost 1521" from the command line. If this connects, you
probably have a standard Oracle database on its default port.

I would expect something like url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521/XE" to
connect to a local XE installation (the only supported schema name is XE).
This works fine on my local installation. Else
url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521/MYDBS" if you have a full local Oracle
installation and MYDBS is the schema name. Note that the double slashes have
gone in the URL.

You will also need to put a copy of ojdb6.jar in the Tomcat shared libs
directory.

You can easily test the connection string by using a simple SQL client like
SQuirrel SQL.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Ron