tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Rohde <...@ordix.de>
Subject Re: Apache Tomcat Native library
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:34:33 GMT

Am 30.01.2012 16:26, schrieb Paul Singleton:
> My standalone Tomcat 6 informs me, at startup, that
>
> The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
> performance in production environments was not found on the
> java.library.path:...
>
> Does this library offer any benefit to standalone systems, or is it
> purely for use with Apache httpd + Tomcat?
>
> Paul Singleton

Hi Paul,

APR is a native HTTP implementation (heart of the Apache HTTP Server).
It provides a better performance for handling the http overhead in
Tomcat's request processing.

See http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/apr.html for more details.

If you use Apache Webserver with Tomcat you wouldn't use APR but AJP.

Thomas