tomcat-users mailing list archives

From bxqdev <bxq...@themailbay.com>
Subject Re: Connectors: Http11Protocol vs. Http11NioProtocol
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2012 19:07:37 GMT
andre, i'm sorry if i hurt your feelings and trust in humanity,
try to be positive, try to look on the situation from
another point of view, the one which is not depressive.
i hope my question & answer summary upgraded your level of tomcat understanding.
and that's a good thing, because you wouldn't understand connectors & async servlets
so well, if i didn't post the question in the first place and make the answer summary
in the second. i've already thanked both talkers, which makes me a very nice person :)
and even though slow pid still doesn't understand anything and arrogant mark still
searches for insignificant typos in my posts, i don't blame them for who they are :)
i hope everyone enjoyed the thread. thanks everyone. behave well :)

On 1/28/2012 8:36 PM, André Warnier wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Your original question was
>
> quote
> 1. What are the premises to use either apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol or org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol
> connectors?
> 2. Do i get any advantages if i use Sync Servlet Api with Http11NioProtocol connector
or do i have to use Async Servlet Api to
> get the advantages?
> 3. How do i choose which one to use in any particular case?
> unquote
>
> and your conclusion is :
>
>> well, let's separate the wheat from the chaff and arrogance:
>>
>> 1. nio connector is useful when one needs to handle a lot of
>> client connections, keep-alive ones, for example.
>> 2. async servlet is useful when one app thread can fulfill many responses.
>> 3. communication between connector and async servlet should be called
>> semi-async, rather than async, because request processing is
>> sync anyway, although response processing is async.
>>
>> that could be a simple answer for my question in the first place.
>> everything else is triteness.
>> thanks anyway :)
>> thread can be closed now.
>>

> If it were to happen that you would have a further need to make use of this list (or
another similar help forum), may I suggest
> that you fist read and ponder the document at http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html.
> And if you have read it already, read it again, because you would seem to have missed
its quintessence.

> I have just been watching this thread, as the underlying technique is far above my level.
> But to answer your claims of arrogance and triteness :
>
> It already took several exchanges to get you to correct the mistakes (or should I say
the chaff?) in your question, which made
> it close to nonsensical in the first place.
> When the persons here who try to help posters in their enquiries asked you for clarification,
your responses seemed to imply
> that they should have been smart enough to correct your own messiness, and that you could
barely bother yourself to do so.
> Even after correction, your original questions were so open-ended that answering them
in the manner you seemed to want, would
> have amounted to providing a free training manual in Connector code and the relevant
aspects of the Servlet Specification.
> But throughout, you sounded as if such an answer was just your due, although you are
neither paying for the software nor for the
> help. You did not appear to make any effort in providing information allowing the persons
who were trying to help, to at least
> be able to focus their explanations and save their time (and yours).
> By doing this, you managed to goad someone into spending the time to correct your misunderstandings
and misconceptions, and out
> of their comprehensive answers you then magnanimously extracted what was important for
you, discarding the rest as chaff and
> triteness.
> So in the end you got what you probably wanted, and which you could have gotten much
faster, and at less expense of someone
> else's time, if you had made an effort to write correct and focused questions in the
first place.
> In this process, you also managed to expose yourself as an arrogant and egotistical asshole.
I hope that the trade-off is worth