tomcat-users mailing list archives

From bxqdev <bxq...@themailbay.com>
Subject Re: Connectors: Http11Protocol vs. Http11NioProtocol
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 22:41:42 GMT

On 1/28/2012 2:28 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 27/01/2012 22:22, bxqdev wrote:
>> ok, so what about this case:
>> http nio  connector + async servlet
>> i would say that in this variant there're 2 points of asynchronism -
>> both connector and servlet code are async.
>> is there a case when i would need such a combination?
>
> Where someone might need that? Sure. Where you would need it? No idea.
> My crystal ball is looking rather foggy at the moment. If you have a
> specific question about a specific use case...

so can i say that:
1. if one needs to decouple client from nio server (tomcat-7), nio connector can be used to
solve that.
2. async servlet api is not much usefull for servers, with nio connectors (tomcat-7). at least
you can't image the case.
3. async servlet api is some general technology to decouple client from server, when server
doesn't have nio connector (server
is bio-only).