tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Please somebody can translate this configuration in tomcat form for server.xml or another xml config file?
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:41:22 GMT
Luciano Andress Martini wrote:
> Humm sorry friends im not trying to fight, i just really need to do that.
>
> I will try to draw what i want to happen, maybe my english is very poor.
>
> (TOMCAT SERVER)   says
> -Yes i can access
> /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/temporarios/upload_contracheque  i can upload
> files here.
>
> (USER) says
> -No i cant access /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/temporarios/upload_contracheque/
>
> (TOMCAT LIST HELPER) says
> Luciano, Idiot you need to move this directory outside tomcat6
> upload_contracheque.
>
> (DEVELOPER) says
> Luciano Idiot, i never will move this directory, you just need to
> block it, as you do in Apache2. You dont know how to do that?

(LUCIANO) says (to DEVELOPER)
DEVELOPER idiot, you really want application to upload 10 GB files in the
/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps directory ?

and/or

(LUCIANO) says (to DEVELOPER)
DEVELOPER, you are the developer and can modify the web.xml of your application.
If you want that directory protected, do it.