tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat memory requirements
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 17:45:39 GMT
Pid * wrote:

> And of this, a Tomcat instance with just the ROOT application can be
> observed to consume from ~6Mb to ~10Mb of RAM in the object heap with
> a nice stable sawtooth on most systems.

Not that I want to cast doubt upon your measurements, but somehow that seems hard to
believe.  This is without any requests being processed, surely ?

A standard out-of-the-box tomcat-7 on my Windows XP 32-bit laptop, started from the
command window with startup.bat, shows 40 MB in Task Manager, without any requests being
processed. Granted, that probably includes the demo apps, but still.
It goes to 50 MB as soon as I call up the home page.

Ah, OK, you were just talking about the heap..