tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <>
Subject Re: Upgrading Tomcat need some info
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:30:25 GMT
On 1/25/2012 6:53 AM, Josh Gooding wrote:
> Hey group,
> I've been tasked here at work to upgrade Tomcat from 5.5 to 6.0 since I'm

Why not TC 7?

> the Tomcat guru here.  Does anyone know, if I take the 5.5 configuration
> (server and context.xml) and drop them into 6.0, will the 6.0 server start

IME, no.  I tried that when I switched over a few years ago, and it
caused many headaches.  Take the sample from the TC version you're using
and play with it, rather than starting from the one from your older TC.

> or are there things that have to be changed over?  Also were there any
> ConnectionPool changes between v6 and 7?  IIRC there were some changes but
> darned if I can remember the specifics.  Is there a place that I can go to
> look through the changes?  I implemented TC6 with 7's connection pool a few
> years back, and I cannot remember the reason why or if there were
> improvements.Any information would be greatly appreciated!
> - Josh

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message