tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim De Pauw <tim.dep...@hogent.be>
Subject Re: Per-user management rights
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:30:32 GMT
Not sure; a quick test seemed to suggest this, but I may have been doing
something wrong. If I have two hosts X and Y that resolve to the same
IP, can I still use AJP to forward requests to the respective Tomcat host?

Regardless, I came across an old discussion [1], which suggests
implementing a servlet filter to check the authenticated user against an
ACL, and throwing a 403 if necessary. I hacked a filter together, placed
the class file under /webapps/manager/WEB-INF/classes, mapped it to
/text/* in /webapps/manager/WEB-INF/web.xml, and I was good to go!

Tim

[1]
http://grokbase.com/t/tomcat.apache.org/users/2003/04/mananger-roles/10m2nulzpoufgawoj6xp2bfyxcr4

Tim De Pauw <tim.depauw@hogent.be>
Vakgroep Informatica
Geassocieerde faculteit Toegepaste Ingenieurswetenschappen
Hogeschool Gent
http://tiwi.be/