tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From James Lampert <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject More, Re: Problem bringing up SSL with a CA certificate
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 22:46:36 GMT
I've now got the CA certificates the customer representative is trying 
to use here, and I'm attempting to test them on our box.

I followed these instructions:

https://search.thawte.com/support/ssl-digital-certificates/index?page=content&actp=CROSSLINK&id=SO15518

rather than the ones here:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/ssl-howto.html#Importing_the_Certificate

which appear to be somewhat out of date, as Thawte calls for both 
primary and secondary x.509 certificates to be loaded into the keystore.

With no explicit alias reference, and the three certificates placed in 
the keystore, in the order specified by Thawte, I get:

> SEVERE: Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8443"]
                                          
> Throwable occurred: java.io.IOException: SSL configuration is invalid due to No available
certificate or key corresponds to the SSL cipher suites which are enabled.
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.checkConfig(JSSESocketFactory.java:822)
                                     
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.init(JSSESocketFactory.java:470)
                                            
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.createSocket(JSSESocketFactory.java:158)
                                    
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint.bind(JIoEndpoint.java:369)               
                                              
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AbstractEndpoint.init(AbstractEndpoint.java:553)     
                                              
> at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init(AbstractProtocol.java:369)              
                                              
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11JsseProtocol.init(AbstractHttp11JsseProtocol.java:119)
                                 
> at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initInternal(Connector.java:937)        
                                         
> at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.init(LifecycleBase.java:102)             
                                         
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initInternal(StandardService.java:559) 
                                         
> at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.init(LifecycleBase.java:102)             
                                         
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initInternal(StandardServer.java:781)   
                                         
> at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.init(LifecycleBase.java:102)             
                                         
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:573)                    
                                         
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:598)                    
                                         
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)                     
                                         
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)   
                                         
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
                                    
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)                                
                                         
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:281)                  
                                         
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:449)                  
                                         
> Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: No available certificate or key corresponds to
the SSL cipher suites which are enabled.
> at com.ibm.jsse2.rc.a(rc.java:53)                                                  
                                         
> at com.ibm.jsse2.rc.accept(rc.java:13)                                             
                                         
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.checkConfig(JSSESocketFactory.java:818)
                                
> ... 20 more                                                                        
                                
> Jan 18, 2012 2:21:43 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService initInternal       
                                
> SEVERE: Failed to initialize connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8443]]                   
                                
> Throwable occurred: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to initialize component
[Connector[HTTP/1.1-8443]]
> at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.init(LifecycleBase.java:106)             
                                
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initInternal(StandardService.java:559) 
                                
> at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.init(LifecycleBase.java:102)             
                                
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initInternal(StandardServer.java:781)   
                                
> at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.init(LifecycleBase.java:102)             
                                
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:573)                    
                                
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:598)                    
                                
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)                     
                                
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)   
                                
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
                           
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)                                
                                
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:281)                  
                                
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:449)                  
                                
> Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Protocol handler initialization failed
                           
> at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initInternal(Connector.java:939)        
                                               
> at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.init(LifecycleBase.java:102)             
                                               
> ... 12 more                                                                        
                                               
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: SSL configuration is invalid due to No available certificate
or key corresponds to the SSL cipher suites which are enabled.
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.checkConfig(JSSESocketFactory.java:822)
                                      
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.init(JSSESocketFactory.java:470)
                                             
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.createSocket(JSSESocketFactory.java:158)
                                     
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint.bind(JIoEndpoint.java:369)               
                                               
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AbstractEndpoint.init(AbstractEndpoint.java:553)     
                                               
> at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init(AbstractProtocol.java:369)              
                                               
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11JsseProtocol.init(AbstractHttp11JsseProtocol.java:119)
                                  
> at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initInternal(Connector.java:937)        
                                               
> ... 13 more                                                                        
                                               
> Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: No available certificate or key corresponds to
the SSL cipher suites which are enabled.      
> at com.ibm.jsse2.rc.a(rc.java:53)                                                  
                                               
> at com.ibm.jsse2.rc.accept(rc.java:13)                                             
                                               
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.checkConfig(JSSESocketFactory.java:818)
                                      
> ... 20 more                                                                        
                                               

I haven't heard a single response to my earlier query, and none of this 
makes any sense.

--
JHHL


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message