tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Tomcat upgradation from 5.5.20 to 5.5.34
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:55:02 GMT
Deepak Mishra wrote:
> Dear Sir/Ma'am,
> We are planning to upgrade tomcat from 5.5.20 to 5.5.34.

Have you read this ?

As I have
> never done this up-gradation was wondering if we can directly upgrade
> from 5.5.20 to 5.5.34 or we need to go step by step. Also can you
> please provide me the link to download the patch, mentioning the
> specific s/w to be downloaded. We are using Windows 2003 OS.
The point is, as long as you are going to do some work in upgrading, you may want to
consider instead :
- install a recent JVM
- install a new Tomcat 7.x (or 6.x at least)
- change the standard Tomcat settings to reflect what is special for you (do not just copy

the old configuration files to the new server)
- move your applications to the new Tomcat
In the long term, that will save you a lot of work, along with giving you a better and
faster Tomcat to work with.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message