tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: static content not served for non-root apps via mod_jk
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2012 18:11:52 GMT
On 14.01.2012 04:17, Eric P wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having trouble getting Apache to serve static content (jpg, css, js, etc.) for Tomcat
apps via mod_jk for any
> application except the ROOT Tomcat app.  The ROOT app shows static content just fine.
>
> I have the following Apache settings attempting to point *all* requests to Tomcat and
unsetting certain static content
> extensions so that Apache will serve them.
>
> ...clip...
> # Send everything to Tomcat
> JkMount /* ajp13
>
> # And then unsend static content so that httpd will serve it
> JkUnMount /*.js ajp13
> JkUnMount /*.css ajp13
> JkUnMount /*.jpg ajp13
> JkUnMount /*.png ajp13
> JkUnMount /*.gif ajp13

This only works for ROOT, because you used a "/" in front. Using

JkUnMount *.js

etc. will unmount *all* js.

> ...clip...
>
> These settings work for the ROOT Tomcat app but not for anything else including Tomcat's
manager app.

> FYI. when I access via Tomcat's port/web server everything works.
> E.g., http://localhost:8080/manager/html
>
> But not when I access via port 80.
> E.g., http://localhost/manager/html
>
> I"m seeing a 404 Not Found for all static content via port 80/Apache (again, the only
exception is any static content
> belonging to the ROOT Tomcat app).  I'm experiencing the exact same behavior on both
an Ubuntu and CentOS.

I don't understand that, because of the JkUnMount does *not* work,
Apache will simply forward everything to Tomcat thus your manager should
be OK.

Note that JkMount and JkUnMount are per virtualhost, see JkMountCopy.

Regards,

Rainer