tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Accessing peer certificates of SSL in tomcat
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 13:00:09 GMT
On 13/01/2012 12:03, ciphe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have setup tomcat to be accessible through SSL, both client and
> server authenticate each other. (i.e. Client must present a certificate to
> server and vice versa, much like what is described in this link -
> http://java-notes.com/index.php/two-way-ssl-on-tomcat).
>
> Now, I'd like to access the certificate presented by client inside a
> servlet. Any ideas how it can be done?

Did you mean to send two copies of this email?

Have you read the relevant sections of the appropriate version of the
Servlet Spec?  (You didn't say which version of Tomcat, so I'll guess
6.0.x) See: SRV.3.7

You may also benefit from reading:

and

 http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/ssl-howto.html