tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: OT: Breadcrumbs Tomcat 7.0.11
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 08:02:00 GMT
Kiran Badi wrote:
> In fact i was trying to see if base url can be of any help here as I lot
> of links in my pages,but it seems it is giving me more work.
>
> I think I should be good without base tag now.

+1
As Hassan says below, the <base href=..> tag is probably more trouble than it's worth.
 It
goes against the normal interpretation of relative vs absolute URLs in the browser, and it

makes it much harder if you later want to copy the application somewhere else (or have
some graphic designer work on your pages).