tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Joseph <pjos...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 7 (64 bit) does not seem to honor session timeout?
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 21:50:31 GMT
Hi there,

I am running the Cocoon (2.11) servlet in Tomcat 7.0.23 (64 bit version)
on Windows 2008 R2 (and also in 32 bit on Redhat linux).  I am using the
Java 1.6 JRE.

I have my session timeout set in web.xml to 60 minutes.

However I find that with about 44 minutes of inactivity that my session
appears to have expired.

I tried it with the default 30 minute time out and found that after
about 25 minutes my session had expired...

Is there any one else who has had this issue...or what could I be doing
wrong?

best
Paul