tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Terence M. Bandoian" <tere...@tmbsw.com>
Subject Re: OT: Breadcrumbs Tomcat 7.0.11
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:28:44 GMT

On 1:59 PM, Kiran Badi wrote:
> Sorry I need some more help, have one more weird issue at my plate now,
>
> I am using base tag and pulling out the webapplication context path to
> it like this so that all links in the page becomes relative to this
> path,i am doing something like below,
>
> <base href="${pageContext.request.contextPath}">
>
> which resolves to  " /mydomain"/  in IE and base tag looks like this
> <base href="/mydomain"/> in IE and  in other browers like
> ff/chrome/opera/safari it resolves to "/mydomain" and base tag here
> looks like <base href="/ourstory">
>
> however all links resolves perfectly fine in IE and when I click on
> any link, it opens perfectly fine with path
> http://localhost:8080/mydomain/link1.jsp but the same link when
> checked via other browser like FF/Opera/chrome/safari it says page not
> found and gives me 404 error.The same link path now looks like
> http://localhost:8080/link1.jsp in those browsers.
>
> what is that i am doing wrong here ?

Hi, Kiran-

The base tag "specifies an absolute URI that acts as the base URI for
resolving relative URIs".  To me, that means you should include the
protocol and the domain name (e.g.
href="http://your.domain.name/your.context/path/").  Also, in my
experience, the trailing slash is required by some browsers.

Hope that helps.

-Terence Bandoian