tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: capturing total number of active sessions
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:10:49 GMT
On 11/01/2012 15:45, Kari Scott wrote:

> We are in the process of migrating a number of servers to Tomcat 7.0.23 and we're looking
for the best way to write the total number of active sessions to a text file. Can someone
point me to the documentation or sample code that explains/can do this?

Session counts are per-application.
You can connect via a (secure) JMX connection and extract this
information to do whatever you want with it.

> As a side note, is the manager safe to run in a production environment?

Yes, but I would limit access to known IPs using the RemoteIpValve.

--

[key:62590808]