tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Badi <ki...@poonam.org>
Subject Re: OT: Breadcrumbs Tomcat 7.0.11
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 03:18:29 GMT
Sorry I need some more help, have one more weird issue at my plate now,

I am using base tag and pulling out the webapplication context path to
it like this so that all links in the page becomes relative to this
path,i am doing something like below,

<base href="${pageContext.request.contextPath}">

which resolves to  " /mydomain"/  in IE and base tag looks like this
<base href="/mydomain"/> in IE and  in other browers like
ff/chrome/opera/safari it resolves to "/mydomain" and base tag here
looks like <base href="/ourstory">

however all links resolves perfectly fine in IE and when I click on any
link, it opens perfectly fine with path
http://localhost:8080/mydomain/link1.jsp but the same link when checked
via other browser like FF/Opera/chrome/safari it says page not found and
gives me 404 error.The same link path now looks like
http://localhost:8080/link1.jsp in those browsers.

what is that i am doing wrong here ?