tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Lampert <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 SSL activation on AS/400? (Cross-posted to JAVA400)
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:06:34 GMT
Well, using a keystore created on my WinDoze box, and FTP'd to the 400
definitely works: Port 8443 came right up.

But that still leaves open the question of why on earth keytool fails to
create valid keystores on the 400, whether run from QShell or QP2Term.

Inquiring minds want to know.

BTW: Like any other developer distributing Java products, we have a
keystore with the CA-signed certificate we use to sign JARs. Would that
KS and certificate also work for SSL support on Tomcat? Or is it limited
to JAR-signing? (Not that we would ever want to let that keystore, and
its passwords, out of our hands!)

--
JHHL