tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Problem running my webapp with Tomcat 7.0.22.0 Security Manager enabled (Windows Vista)
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:47:55 GMT
On 10/01/2012 15:51, james@mobilewebexpert.co.uk wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Afraid I'm very new to Tomcat - please could you explain to me what
> changes I need to make to catalina.policy?

It's can be tricky and it's application specific.

You'll need to add specific policy rules that permit the application to
do whatever it needs to do.  E.g. access to network, file system, jars etc.

Is there a particular reason you want to enable the Security Manager?
Are you hosting untrusted 3rd party applications for example?