tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Lampert <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 SSL activation on AS/400? (Cross-posted to JAVA400)
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 17:35:53 GMT
Tim Watts wrote:
> That's a possibility if it's padding the passwords as well.   I'm not an
> AS/400 expert by any means.  Is /foo a preallocated file and if so could
> the problem be with the way it was allocated?

The Java-400 list over at Midrange.com is also in on this (albeit not
this specific message).

I tried putting the password, and some of the values, in single quotes,
and others in double quotes. No change in behavior: the confirmation
message fields were padded, and the quote marks were shown in them.

Hmm. THIS is INTERESTING!

If I FTP a keystore created on my WinDoze box onto the 400, then KEYTOOL
there can read it. FASCINATING.

--
JHHL