tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Lampert <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 SSL activation on AS/400? (Cross-posted to JAVA400)
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 23:55:45 GMT
Tim Watts (from the Tomcat Users List) wrote:
> Can you successfully run this command:
>
> keytool -list -keystore {path/to/your/keystore/file} -storepass {passwd-in-server.xml}

It gives the same error message. And yes, EBCDIC is the default encoding
for AS/400s. The attributes on /foo show that it has a CCSID of 819,
though, which (if my memory and the IBM docs are correct) is ASCII.

Here's a QShell transcript from a test I ran specifically so that I
could post everything without betraying any passwords:

>> keytool -genkey -alias foo -keyalg RSA -keystore /foo
>   Enter keystore password:
>> bar
>   What is your first and last name?
>     [Unknown]:
>> James Lampert
>   What is the name of your organizational unit?
>     [Unknown]:
>> Development Lab
>   What is the name of your organization?
>     [Unknown]:
>> Touchtone Corporation
>   What is the name of your City or Locality?
>     [Unknown]:
>> Costa Mesa
>   What is the name of your State or Province?
>     [Unknown]:
>> California
>   What is the two-letter country code for this unit?
>     [Unknown]:
>> US
>   Is CN="James Lampert
>

>               ", OU="Development Lab
>

>                           ", O="Touchtone Corporation
> ", L="Costa Mesa
>

>            ", ST="California
>

>                        ", C="US
>

>                                   " correct? (type "yes" or "no")
> [no]:
>> yes
>
>   Enter key password for <foo>:
>           (RETURN if same as keystore password):
>> bar
>   $

>> keytool -list  -keystore /foo -storepass bar

>   keytool error (likely untranslated): java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with,
or password was incorrect
>   $

Another thought occurred to me: Could the trailing blanks shown in the
confirmation message have anything to do with the problem?

--
JHHL