tomcat-users mailing list archives

From gnath <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.35 -crossing maxThreads configured count
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 04:55:42 GMT
Gotcha.. Thanks for your answer. Will let you know if i have any questions as we keep an eye
on performance.

 From: Christopher Schultz <>
To: Tomcat Users List <>
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: Tomcat 6.0.35 -crossing maxThreads configured count

On 1/23/12 8:44 AM, gnath wrote:
> Recently i happened to check our access logs when the server hung
> and stopped responding. We were printing the thread number in the
> logs and i have seen the number going upto 770 (though the max is
> configured at 500). I was under impression that the threads will
> be shared among the connectors and max it can go to 500. Could you
> please explain why im seeing very high number than configured? Is
> that maxThreads value per connector?

Since you are using a thread pool, threads are probably expiring after
a certain period of time. New threads get numbers that increase
constantly over time, so you will see this number (in the name of the
thread) increase over maxThreads. It's nothing to worry about.

- -chris
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools -
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -