tomcat-users mailing list archives

From gnath <gautam_exquis...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat 6.0.35 -crossing maxThreads configured count
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 13:44:43 GMT
Hi all,

We have Tomcat 6.0.35 in our production Environment running on Linux, and we have configured
to use tomcatThreadPool with maxThreads=500 and minSpareThreads=50 with default connectionTimeout(which
is 60000 sec). We have two connectors (http and ssl) It has been giving some problems like
'too many open files' or just hangs once in a while which requires a restart to get back to
normal.

Recently i happened to check our access logs when the server hung and stopped responding.
We were printing the thread number in the logs and i have seen the number going upto 770 (though
the max is configured at 500). I was under impression that the threads will be shared among
the connectors and max it can go to 500. Could you please explain why im seeing very high
number than configured? Is that maxThreads value per connector?

Thanks
-G