tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: tomcat session problem
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:52:14 GMT
On Wed, 2012-01-11 at 02:29 -0800, Weffen Cheung wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using 2 tomcat(7.0.11) on my server, with clustering and session duplication. All
the things are running smoothy except the session problem sometimes:

> 1. userA login, userB login

Are userA and userB on the same TC instance?

> 2. Sometimes when userB load a page, he found that he has became userA, it means that
userB's login session data has been replaced with userA. Don't know why. Is it a bug?

In most cases this occurs due to a session, request or response object
being retained by a servlet.  This is bad and can cause behaviors
similar to the one you are reporting.

> Anyone encounter  the same problem??
>
> Any advice would be high appreciated!

One other thought, what do you have in front of the two TC instances?
Apache HTTPD with mod_proxy? or with mod_jk?

Have you confirmed that the correct session id is being sent from the
browser to your load balancer and then from the load balancer to your TC
instance?

Dan