tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Preißer <verlag.preis...@t-online.de>
Subject Path of log files changed in Tomcat 7.0.25 when installing as Windows Service
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:19:30 GMT
Hi all,

I was using Tomcat 7.0.23 with Java 1.7.0_02 on Windows Server 2008 (32-Bit).
I installed it as service, by using the service.bat file with "service install" command. Let's
say the installation path is "C:\Tomcat7".
For Tomcat to work, I added the "JAVA_HOME" environment variable which points to the JDK.

In this and all previous versions of Tomcat, both the logs from Tomcat and from Commons Daemon
are stored in "C:\Tomcat7\logs".

After upgrading to Tomcat 7.0.25, I noticed that the logs from Tomcat (e.g. catalina.yyyy-mm-dd.log)
are stored in a different folder, "C:\Tomcat7\bin\${catalina.base}\logs", instead of "C:\Tomcat7\logs";
whereas the logs from daemon are still in "C:\Tomcat7\logs".
Note that "${catalina.base}" is the real name of the folder, not just a placeholder.

Is this change intentional? Does that mean that I must any additional environment variable
like CATALINA_BASE?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Konstantin Preißer